Stocks is an idle clicker game with a stock performance price graph where the goal of the game is to day trade or speculate on a stock to capture price increases.
Players start with $500 and play across 30 days, with a goal of liquidating their shares and earning as much profit as they can in a month.
- The current savings and day number are shown in upper left corner.
- Share price is shown in the upper right corner.
- The price graph shows stock price tends within the day.
- The current owned shares along with the buy and sell buttons are below the price graph.
This game does a good job of showing how there is a lot of random noise in short-term market movements but does not teach any sort of fundamental or technical analysis.
Most people who do well in the stock market do not day trade but rather dollar cost average into index funds or hold positions for an extended period of time.
Players can only trade one share at a time, so if they own many shares, it makes sense to start winding down holdings with a couple days left so they are not forced to exit positions at bad prices on the final days.
Think or Swim – High School +
Thinkorswim is a powerful trading platform developed by TD Ameritrade. It offers a wide range of features for traders of all levels, including:
- Paper trading: Thinkorswim offers a paper trading platform, which allows you to trade with virtual money. This is a great way to learn how to trade without risking any real money.
- Advanced charting and analysis tools: Thinkorswim offers a wide range of charting and analysis tools, including technical indicators, drawing tools, and historical data.
- Real-time quotes and news: Thinkorswim provides real-time quotes for stocks, options, futures, and forex. It also provides news and analysis from a variety of sources.